Wednesday, December 03, 2008

sixth


5) What do you believe and why?

 

What do I believe…?

 

I believe that I’m an emasculated imbecile who likes to complain a lot. And thusly I also believe that God is the only way to salvation. 

 

I hated rules and still do. I hated to do things according to the rules. I hated to follow the common trend. Since childhood I wanted things in my way.

 

Everything that should be will be.

 

This was the idea that I used to motivate myself to do things. The majority of the things I did were stupid and not worth anything at all but I continued to do them. Instead of following the given rules, I substituted my own.

 

The biggest influence of this way of thinking was my big brother. In all the things I did, my brother was better at it. So, I came up with things that my brother couldn’t do: make new stuff. When I did things, I always tried to come up with different things and take alternative ways. Then, instead of comparing and competing myself to others, I wanted to form my own standard where I can do whatever I want and nobody will do anything about it.

           

I pretty much thought and did whatever I felt like doing until I met God. God sort of set a wall in front of me, a wall which I can never destroy, go through, or climb over. I tried to avoid the wall but then it was like I was trapped by the wall. I learned I was weak. I can do anything but not in front of God.

 

Thusly, I learned that I’m an emasculated imbecile who likes to complain a lot. And because of that, I believe that God is the only way to salvation. 

 

This is what I believe.

3 comments:

Mr. Rader said...

emasculate: deprive a man of his male identity; castrate; make weaker or less effective.

I was wondering if this word fit how you used it in the context of your blog. Are you going to elaborate on this post?

Type "Total Depravity" into google or wikipedia and see what you get.

brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brian said...

I elaborated on this post, Mr. Rader