Friday, December 19, 2008

eighth

How different is your modern culture from the Sawi tenants?

 

            In this posting, the Sawi culture that I’ll be talking about will be the original one, the one before the conversion to Christianity.

 

My culture and the Sawi culture are different. I seek chances to learn more about things I’m interested in, while Sawi seek chances to trick and kill people. I live in an apartment, while the Sawi live in tree houses. I eat food which FDA said it was safe to eat, while the Sawi eat each other. I seek peace, while the Sawi seek wars and violence.

 

Why? It is because I have different standards and perspectives compared to the Sawi. The Sawi think that treachery is an honorable thing to do and I disagree. My values, my needs, my thoughts and my life are so different from the Sawi that it is almost meaningless to compare and contrast.

 

No comments: